This page has been developed to ensure these requirements are met throughout TestPro’s business operations as well as to meet the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988.
Through this policy TestPro employees and contractors will:
- Handle all confidential information as laid out in the companies guidelines.
- Not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than by the intended use of the information.
- Ensure appropriate security measures are enacted both on and off a client’s site to ensure condiential information remains secure, whether through lockable filing cabinets or password protected computers.
TestPro is committed towards:
- Ensuring all employees maintain confidentiality and privacy of all information they may be suscepted to throughout their employment.
- Ensuring all employees are aware of the companies’ policy and guidelines pertaining to the privacy of information.
- Ensuring all information received and stored is handle in an ethical and professional manner.
Collection of Personal Information:
Personal information is information or opinion from which an individual’s identity may be ascertained. TestPro employees will only collect information relating to a persons name and contact details, for the purpose of arranging, conducting or promoting TestPro’s business requirements. TestPro may destroy personal information when it is no longer required for such functions and activities.
Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
All TestPro employees and contractors that have access to the personal details of staff or external parties are not to use the information for any other purpose other than for its intended use. Should a TestPro employee require the use of this information, for any unrelated reason, clarification and approval should be obtained from the managing director or his nominee before proceeding.
TestPro employee’s and contractors are not to disclose personal information, outside the normal realm of its intended use. The following reasons identify possible areas where information may be passed, outside of its intended use:
- Required or authorised by law;
- Required in order to investigate an unlawful activity;
- Required by an enforcement body for investigative activities; or
- Necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life, health or safety, or
to public health or safety.
Security of Personal Information
TestPro is committed to keeping your personal information secure, and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse or alteration. All TestPro employees and contractors are to ensure personal information is stored in hard copy documents, or electronically throughout our software systems.
All Testpro employees and contractors are to ensure no personal information is left unsecured whilst unattended. Examples may include hard copy documents openly placed on a desk whilst the employee is taking a break or attending a meeting, or computer screens left accessible and unprotected whilst the employee is away from the desk either taking a break or attending a meeting.
To assist with the safe guard of information, all staff and contractors where appropriate, are to ensure personal data is concealed in locked data stores, or computer data files that are password protected.
Access To Personal Information
All employees, contractors and external parties have access to information held on them by TestPro.Pty Ltd.
Should you wish to obtain personal information kept on your personal file, an email should be forwarded to the human resource manager, outlining the reasoning for the request and the information sought giving a minimum notice period of 24 hours. Depending upon the nature and the content of the request, it may take a number of days collect this information. Any request that requires excessive administrative assistance or resources may incur a fee for the collection of
TestPro, on limited occasions may not be able to release information. Some of the possible reasons include:
- Access would create a serious threat to safety
- Providing access will have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals
- Denying access is required or authorised by law
- The request is frivolousie ie time comsuming and unnecessary
- Legal proceedings are underway
If TestPro denies access to your personal information, it will provide you with the reasoning.
Changes To This Policy
TestPro may change this Policy from time to time for any reason and will update the Policy accordingly.